Thread: Rules Question
View Single Post
Old Fri May 20, 2011, 06:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rcaverly
Quote:
Originally Posted by dketter View Post
I am coaching a 4th grade baseball team, we are playing MLB rules other than the fact that the whole team bats.
I would hazard a guess that there are more exceptions to the rules than simply “the whole team bats.” If not, then shame on the league for not using common sense, the coaches for not insisting on the use of common sense and the parents for being so senselessly gullible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dketter View Post
I am coaching a 4th grade baseball team…thank you,
Dave
No, thank you, Dave. Your efforts will be rewarded. Prep your charges for high school ball, commonly a step towards MLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
(Some might even argue that just leaving the baseline heading toward the dugout constitutes abandonment of the base.)
Yes, we would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
I guess another consideration here is that this is a game between 10 yr olds (4th graders?), so some developmental instruction/leeway might be in order...
Cookie makes a good point: Dave, try your best to keep it all in perspective. Going undefeated at the age of ten is less important than teaching ten year-olds to listen to their base coaches, if indeed the base coaches knew there were less than three outs.

Winning on an appeal is like kissing your sister.