View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 21, 2003, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stewcall
B1 fouls A1 (non shooting foul) Foul number 7 on B. No FT awarded (table does not notify and officials do not notice). A gets the ball. A's coach goes to the table and requests a 60 second time out. A2 scores a basket. Horn sounds before B obtains the ball to be put in play.

This is a correctable error. unawarded bonus free throw. Ball did not become alive a second time after the error.
The basket counts for A. A1 shoots the 1-1 with the lane cleared. And B1 gets the ball under the basket (and can run the baseline. No time out charged to A

Is this correct? I want to make sure I understand this because I suspect B's coach will not like the fact that 4 points may have just occurred because of the error that has now been corrected
Stew in VA
CVBOA
Not correctable. Must be identified during first dead ball. Your first dead ball is the TO. Once the ball was put into play after the TO, it is no longer correctable. If you did discover it during the TO, you would have shot the bonus and continued from there since there was no change of posession.

Mregor