View Single Post
Old Tue May 17, 2011, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrybel View Post
I really wish you wouldn't lie. The act diminishes your integrity. Please show me where I said you are arrogant?
Pot, meet kettle. Post 48. Speaking of diminished integrity.

Quote:
Read post #60 and see how I admit that I probably should have been more assertive towards that coach. Further, I admitted that I kicked a call and it gnawed at me while some here pretend that they have never. Sad.
If you're making such calls routinely, slow down. My point was on a banger, the umpire is making the call he thinks is correct. You want the umpire to now base his treatment of the now irate coach on whether he kicked the call or not. That's asinine. Maybe he did kick it... but surely, unless he's truly green and still making calls too fast, he doesn't THINK he kicked it.

Quote:
It's ironic that posts regarding preventive officiating and talking to players to get them to change things that will require tough calls are not considered an exhibition of "leniency". "Catch, tell you pitcher not to do that." "Skipper, tell 22 to watch his mouth." "I don't care about Phiten or PowerBalance necklaces." (Fed rules) are just such examples. Tolerance of a rule violation in one place but not another is acceptable to many umpires here. Why the duplicity, Mike?
Duplicity? Me? Show me a post where I said any of these things. I don't accept rules violations unless I've been told to issue warnings in a particular league or age group differently than the book says. (This actually happened this year... rang up a strike on a 10U who wouldn't get in the box, and was told to be a little more lenient next time).

Quote:
Please stop lying.
Please apologize or tell me where I lied.

Quote:
"I have looked back on situations and thought that I could have handled a few differently and probably better."- Jim Evans

I guess JE is wrong too, huh?
No ... but this proves you completely missed my point - which was not that we never kick calls, but that we never THINK we kicked a call, at least right then in the heat of the moment - so basing your actions toward a coach who is trying to eject himself on whether you think you kicked it or not is just dumb.

West Houston Mike