View Single Post
Old Tue May 17, 2011, 06:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
You seem to be one of those people who, when confronted with 99 people telling you the sky is blue, insist the sky is grey because that's what they initially said, and don't bother to actually look at the sky. 99 people tell you that what you are espousing is bad umpiring (and not just on this thread), yet in your mind it's the 99 that are insane. And you call US arrogant? Yeah, ok.
I really wish you wouldn't lie. The act diminishes your integrity. Please show me where I said you are arrogant?

Read post #60 and see how I admit that I probably should have been more assertive towards that coach. Further, I admitted that I kicked a call and it gnawed at me while some here pretend that they have never. Sad.

It's ironic that posts regarding preventive officiating and talking to players to get them to change things that will require tough calls are not considered an exhibition of "leniency". "Catch, tell you pitcher not to do that." "Skipper, tell 22 to watch his mouth." "I don't care about Phiten or PowerBalance necklaces." (Fed rules) are just such examples. Tolerance of a rule violation in one place but not another is acceptable to many umpires here. Why the duplicity, Mike?

Please stop lying.

"I have looked back on situations and thought that I could have handled a few differently and probably better."- Jim Evans

I guess JE is wrong too, huh?

Last edited by MikeStrybel; Tue May 17, 2011 at 07:24am.