View Single Post
Old Sat May 14, 2011, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Evolving threads are not the issue. Your habit of trying to appear superior by repositioning the posts and position of others, is.

For example, when did I say anything about feeling compelled to eject anyone? When did I say I was frustrated by anone? Your posts come close as close to lying as any I've seen.

If you can't honestly respond to my posts, then please don't respond at all.

Ugggh. You seem to deem anyone who doesn't simply write "+1" as being superior. Rich and Andrew wrote that coaches who cross the line deserve what they get. I don't disagree. I offered that what some coaches should get is a restriction to the dugout or simply ignored. I cited the NFHS rule that allows for this. I provided an interp from the Illinois UIC. Some of us believe that trying to extinguish fires is better than adding to them. Discretion is a learned skill. You seem to be enamored with Jim Evans. He has a bunch of videos that show him engaged in heated antics with coaches that he didn't eject. He used discretion and maturity to overcome their nonsense. Maybe his history can convince you to what I cannot.

Finally, please don't pretend I am lying. I quote the post and respond to it. The thread evolved and you want to stay static. When I offer personal experience that shows my mistakes that is hardly acting superior. You complained when I stated opinions without offering a ruling. I cited 3-3-1g Penalty long ago. Please make up your mind. The NFHS states that coaches who use "profanity, intimidating tactics, remarks reflecting unfavorably upon another person or taunting or baiting" and "charge an umpire" can be restricted to the dugout. Argue with their 'lies' if you feel the need. They wrote them for all to read. (Page 31)

Eject if you want. Restrict if you want. Tim C. gave the best advice so far, make your calls and let the powers that be decide what happens. Around here, a coach who is restricted to the dugout will be appreciative for not getting called on the carpet. I haven't had the need to restrict a coach to the dugout or eject one in a long time. Colleagues who have relate that those dumped seem to harbor season long grudges. That is baggage most don't want. The Illinois UIC prefers it that way too.

Last edited by MikeStrybel; Sat May 14, 2011 at 09:59pm.