View Single Post
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

It came to me in a dream

No, really. This didn't actually happen in a game but I did dream it and want to be sure I get it right in case it actually happens one day.

As a reminder, I coach 12U travel baseball and play under a mish-mash of rules depending on the weekend tournament we're playing in.

Situation is R1 and R3 with infield drawn inside the baseline to try and cut down R3 at home. R1 is stealing with the pitch and the BR hits a line shot that hits R1 as they're running toward 2B. Ball rebounds off R1 but by the time F4 picks it up R1 is now R2, BR is R1, and R3 has scored. This is where I woke up.

In reading Fed 8-4K is says:

Runner is out when is contacted by a fair batted ball before it touches an infielder, or after it passes any infielder, except the pitcher, and the umpire is convinced that another infielder has a play.

Since no other infielder had a play (they were playing in and the ball struck R1 behind them) and it passed an infielder would this be a play on?

Yes, I'm also aware I need to find other activities to liven up my dream-world. Right now this is what I'm dealing with however!