View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 24, 2011, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

QUOTE by Gulf coast blue:
Rule 6-3, ART. 7 . . . The pitcher shall not throw to a base while a foot is in contact with the pitcher’s plate after having taken the pitching position.

There is no batter yet so there can be no penalty.

Ignore it and allow the play.

Joel

Now this sounds like BB to me! Ain't this sounds like a balk?
Without a batter present in SB I have nothing! F1 ain't pitching if there's no batter present...

Rita,
forget the crap you're getting from our fellow umpires, for being a BB-ump.
Buy, loan, lease or steel (only I you can't afford it) a SB-rulebook (in the rule set by your fed.) read it and ask any question you want over here!!! We are here to help any umpire, regardless where you're coming from. I'm a dutch blue and was taken in this community without questioning my back ground. (I could be a former soccer ref., ain't that be like cursing in a church? Or I could have a white skin, blue eyed and blond hair) So why should I, or anyone else over here, question your background???

LL in Europe sounds to me like BB, but then different. More paying attention to safety than to SB rule-sets...
Can't say I like it very much or understand it complete. (What's the difference?)

In ISF/ESF this sit. doesn't occur, or at this level it shouldn't. If it did, I would not let F1 take any actions that would result in a pitch; legal or illegal. If she want's to throw to B1 while in contact with the PP (or if you prefer: the rubber - I alway think it's a rubber if it's from Durex -) let her! I won't give a penalty to F3 if she's throwing while in contact with B1. F1 is a fielder, cause there isn't a batter present - not a pitcher at that moment...

Like Joel said: "Ignore..." The rest will follow... Good luck and have fun!

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?