View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 18, 2011, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Your bolding of "does not legally slide" implies that perhaps you believe that means he must slide, which he does not. Better you should bold "and causes illegal contact and/or illegally alters the actions of a fielder in the immediate act of making a play."
Thank you all for the replies and the confirmation that this was a baseball play and probably nothing more.

MrUmp - my bolding was more of a segue to the next definition that I found for legal/illegal slide. I couldn't locate one for illegal contact and agree that would be more relevent, hence my original request for clarification from you all.

Since this was an independent tournament I don't think the rule set was clearly established (and shame on me for not clarifying up front). I had a NFHS rule book handy which is the only reason I quoted that (and I think, correct me if I'm wrong, Fed attempts to be more protective of player health than other rule sets - if there is nothing under Fed then I'm thinking none of the other rule sets would have anything either).