View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 14, 2011, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

It keeps getting more interesting...

So, our local paper, which was covering that game that night anyway, usually posts the photo galleries online afterward - they never posted this one...until now, since another 8 players were suspended by the state high school league and it is now apparently OK for them to post the pictures (albeit a bit out of order for a little journalistic sensationalism).

Baseball: Dorman Boiling Springs players suspended. > Spartanburg Herald Journal > Sports photos > Photo 1 of 30

The photos don't really show the bench-clearing incident, so I suppose they still held them back. They do show the home coach arguing that I shouldn't eject the catcher for retaliating, which the catcher did right after the picture showing the runner looking up after the collision to see the call (pic 10). The ra...er coach was arguing that his guy couldn't have retaliated as he and the runner never separated. I told him he was wrong, and now have the photo to prove it. Right about the time of the second photo of our conversation I gave him his warning and he walked off the field, claiming he wanted to protest the game (he likes to protest games, even for non-protestable calls - sort of his MO). Since I have his team again Saturday, should be an interesting conversation.

Supposedly, the state obtained a video shot by a grandparent and that's what has brought about the further suspensions (essentially, they are suspending anybody they see having been on the field near the fracas). I've requested the video, and it is being sent. Should be interesting. I'm really ready for this one to be over.