Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 14, 2011, 06:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
That went down the crapper with Randy.

I honestly did try to explain some things to him. Some very basic things too. He didn't want to learn; he wanted to show us how smart he was instead. Unfortunately for him, he did just that.

Our avocation doesn't need the Randys of the world. We have enough problems now without them adding to 'em.
I kid I kid...

I can certainly see how this is frustrating...to me, it's just like the "yeah but" official who doesn't take advice from officials that have been doing this a lot longer then they have....especially on a rule that is crystal clear. I can't for the mind of me understand how someone in their second year of officiating can try and debate this much on matters such as philosophy, mechanics, and rules. Thirty years of playing rec ball and watching basketball just doesn't cut it. It literally took me three and half years of being here before I started feeling confident in helping others with rules, philosophy, etc, and even then, I'm real careful in what I type.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.