Thread: NFHS Mechanics
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 15, 2003, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with the point that 3 are hard enough, let alone 4 at the amatuer level. I am not familar with the system where the linesmen call penalties, so I really cant comment on it. I still believe that the RRL system is not that good.

My point was the RRL system is just as effective as the RR system if the two officials compliment each other and take control og the game when they have to. At the amateur level they usually throw one linsemen that is not that experienced and then say that it is training. I call it confusing in the RRL system. Then there are those that think just because there are 3 officials out there that the game will more in control!!!!!! Well if there is going to be 3 officials then I say the best system is the RLL. The lines can concentrate on what they have to do, one L can help the other and you get one decision maker out there wether good or bad, the teams can adjust to the one easier then two. And as everyone knows , you can have ten officials on the ice. if the teams wants to get out of control, your gonna have a long night, no matter who you are or how good you are.