View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 14, 2003, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Lightbulb Thanx!

Thanx to all who responded...even though I don't agree with all the responses. To clarify something, I did NOT know the coach was yelling "TIGER" the first time he was up and appearing as though he was calling a TO. I only learned this AFTER I blew my whistle to grant the TO the second time.

Yes, I blew it...and yes, it is a bad rule! BUT, it worked great last night in our 3-person game (as opposed to the above mentioned 2-person game). In 3-person, the trail can always be cognizant of these situations and grant the TO immediately during a run or a press...it's not as easy for the trail in 2-person.

BY RULE, I believe that once you blow your whistle and grant a TO to a coach (correctly or erroneously), it CANNOT be revoked!! I also believe you CAN talk your way out of this situation...as I've done in the past...but since this was a playoff game with IHSAA personnel in the stands evaluating my performance, I felt I needed to stick to my guns and grant the TO. I was WRONG common-sensibly...but RIGHT by the letter of the law.

I hate that!!