View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 02, 2011, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

I see that we are already discussing the block/charge- sorry for ignoring this thread....

Anybody have a differing opinion on the block called on Butler midway through the first half? From my great angle on the couch, it looked like Butler established LGP then had a quick bunny hop backwards prior to contact. In any event, the C came in hard with the call on a double whistle for the block.
The L didn't even flinch, other than a fist in the air. No budge, no initial movement, no nothing...

Not that it matters from me, but I thought it was an impressive display of solid mechanics at the highest level on a play that we work so hard to get right both on the floor and through proper mechanics. For those of us less experienced, it's a great lesson in how proper mechanics can keep the rhythm of the game intact without having to explain a blarge, or the L doing anything other than what he's supposed to do- hit the whistle, fist up and check your partners before doing anything.

Make the call, keep the game going and most people don't even know what kind of game management problems were just avioded.

Z