View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 01:32pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopguy View Post
Wrong--- white number 11 moves forward and his foot goes under the rebounder who lands on white 11's foot causing 11 to trip. If you have ever played basketball and while moving someone steps on your foot, it causes you to trip which is why 11 tripped. Why do you think the black rebounder turned his ankle? Do you think it is because he landed on the flat court or on 11s foot? Most ankle injuries in basketball happen while landing on a foot as in this case.

One point I would like to make. Considering the differences of opionions on what we believe actually happened and us seeing the play multiple times, the officials at the game made the best call. Give the ball to black and act like it was for the injury. I can see how it would be too tough to make the foul call in live action and yet you do not want to penalize the black team. Good call in my opionion.

In 1990 I ripped every ligament and a good amount of the nerves in my left ankle without stepping on my opponents foot so I have a good idea of how you can turn an ankle without stepping on someone's foot.

Now back to the play, I suggest you go to the 33 second mark of the video and pause it every second and tell me where Taylor's right foot is when the rebounder lands. Sh!t, in fact Taylor's left foot is in the air also. It's frickin' obvious, I can't believe you are actually saying the rebounder landed on Taylor's foot.

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 02:15pm.