Thread: Pitcher's glove
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2011, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Slick View Post
You are talking about a different picture. I'm referring to the accompanying picture with the glove. You are referring to the one embedded. I did not mention the sweater at all (I noticed it, and laughed).
Still wear mine occasionally, but always under a jacket doing HS.

Quote:
I actually have three jackets: heavy/water repellent; lighter; one with the blue shoulder stripes. All three have half zippers.
I prefer the full-length zipper. Easier to control and adjust as needed.

Quote:
There is a difference between "Style" and "Stylish." At one time the Elbeco's were the "Style" (but were far from Stylish). Wearing long sleeve undershirt extending out of short sleeve shirts is Stylish, but isn't a style (or accepted) practice on the ball field.
That is neither stylish, nor acceptable with any uniform, on the field or the street and I am in an industry where uniforms are worn and required to be worn properly. I don't know why people think this should be different from any other uniformed service.

Quote:
You only have to meet the sanctioning body's definition of style, but not be a fashionista. Why did ASA change from Elbeco to the pull over?
Appearance on the umpire and maintenance. Personally, I had no problem with the Elbeco and will occasionally still wear one proudly, tucked in my pants even back when a flexbelt was needed. Cleaned and most often pressed. The Elbeco is much cooler than the mesh pullover, but looks like **** when the wearer sweats, much like the gray pants.

Quote:
Or change their jacket from full zipper to pull over?
They didn't.

Quote:
Or even the logo on the ball bag?
They just eliminated the graphics.

Quote:
Because they tried to keep up with a current clothing style, some of which is based on material performance. Do you really want to still be wearing that awful shirt?
Compared to what we have now? Absolutely. I would rather have the Mizuno shirt ISF uses, but that ain't gonna happen.

Quote:
I'm not sure what this exactly means, so I'll attribute this to either an IPA or the local Dupont plant.
To start, there is no such animal as a real IPA presently on this earth.

But have you every heard about deviating from the mechanics as not being the standard, but the exception...?