View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 22, 2011, 07:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Jalen Rose is a trusted source? Jalen Rose? THE Jalen Rose?

Bu-wa-ha-ha-ha.....
Yes, he was there. Were you or I there? Oh, and a reporter was there too and talked about the situation as well.

Quote:
Again, are you freaking serious? By his own admission, Webber started taking money when he was in junior high school. The MHSAA wanted to expunge all his high school records too, but Webber's high school refused to do it and the MHSAA didn't have the power to do it themselves.
And this means what? Again if you paid attention the reports the kid played in the gutter of Detroit. Not sure what he benefitted from while in HS.

Quote:
Soooooo, Webber admitted himself that he took money but others think he was lying. Got it.

Webber was charged with lying to a Grand Jury. He pleaded guilty and was fined $100,000. Yup, he pled "guilty". Whatinthehell is more convincing than pleading guilty?

Maybe you should check some facts, Jeff, before getting on your high horse. Google is your friend.
When did I say anything about what Webber did or did not admit to? I said reports were scratchy as to when he took money and the circumstances. And that Grand Jury was about Martin and his finances, not just about athletes. And the man died before anything was solved.

I am fully aware of the charges and what he was accused of lying to a Grand Jury, not doing anything else wrong legally. I am fully aware of what was reported. And know you want to us Google as a trusted source when anyone can put up things. I would trust the people that cover the team or were around than Wikipedia for God's sake. You make it sound like everyone agrees with the rules of the NCAA and things those kids have to be expected to do. Not every situation is about being an athlete and benefitting from such things.

Peace