Thread: Modified Rules
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 22, 2011, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

All Star Game Modified Rules

I'm working (for a t-shirt) an all star game this weekend. Thought I'd share the "GAME RULES AND POLICIES FOR OFFICALS" [sic] that they distributed yesterday.

I thought #4 was interesting -- it's basically a penalty box. I wish if they were going to do it this way, they'd make them play a man down, like hockey.

The second half of #5 should generate some nice responses here...

Enjoy.

(1) All games shall be two 18 minute halves. Halftimes will be 5-7 minutes long.

(2) Coaches will have five 30 second times out per game.

(3) There will be no half/quarter court zone defenses. Teams may press full court (man or zone) but MUST fall back into a man defense in the half court.

(4) Players will be temporarily disqualified after 5 personal/technical fouls total. If all fouls are personal in ruling, the player will be eligible to return to action after setting out 50% of the time that was left on the clock at the time of their fifth aggregate foul.

If the five aggregate are reached in the first half of a game, the player in ineligible until the 9 minute mark of the second half. Succeeding fouls after that 9 minute re- entry will follow the “50% rule”. All Star Committee will keep track of foul out rule if a player fouls out of the game.

(5) High school rules will be used. Free throws will follow high school rules both shooting and rebounding. Don’t call games super tight but don’t let it get out of hand either. Be a little more lenient on coach’s bench rule.

(6) If a player has a break away with a dunk possibility let them go. Remind kids/coaches about this prior and during games.

(7) Overtime will be as follows: 1st OT 2 minutes, all others will be 1 minute in length.

(8) If you see kids at bench, waiting to get in, and we have a non scoring time stop the clock and get them in. Example: after made basket, walking ball up court, ect. If you see a chance to stop play to get a kid in without interrupting the flow of the game do it.

(9) Have fun and interact time with the kids. Help make this a good experience for all involved.