View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
... The defense decides to intentially walk the batter to load up the bases. After two pitches, as the pitcher is starting to pitch to the batter, I as PU look over and see the catcher set up straddling the catcher's box line. I call an illegal pitch and advance the two runners, tying the game. Defensive coach complains that her catcher was inside the box but I explain she wasn't and I really didn't have much to watch for and clearly saw it...
I just love to see a catcher, pitcher or coach having 4 fingers up towards the batter, informing me (as PU) the intentional walk.

Last season (Male FP), I clearly heard a coach calling me by name and pointing four fingers up. I couldn't believe defense would walk the batter. Can't remember why anymore, but it wasn't logic to walk him. But what to do when a coach want's to walk a batter? So I called dead ball and let the batter head for 1st base. Disbelieve by the team AND the batter, on my action. So I tell all the players out loud what I saw; their coach gave me the signal! Now this coach went crazy, he just wanted to know the count on the batter I just misread the sign's, oooooooooooooooops... ...
Batter comes back in the box to complete his at bat, then hit's a double. I just smiled back to my partner

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?