View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2003, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

"You can't close barn doors."

You're right!

"insulting to most everyone with an IQ beyond their waist size." You're right! and to continue your sarcastic approach either increase your IQ or slim down.

"be turned down for jobs because of your religion, race, or national background." You're right! I have been. Being a 40ish year-old, white, Christian male, I have been bested and passed, by people of less qualification, because they were females, or minorities or of the more approved religion.

I disagree with letting this crap bother me or assuming that it is out of my control. I can do something about it... and so can you. If you want.

Because no matter which route you choose... YOU'RE RIGHT.

You will find justification to prove your point... and be able to stand up proudly with chest puffed out and say I'M RIGHT!

It's human nature to feel you are in the right. We all do it. Look around yourself. There are all kinds of people around you saying they are right. Many of them are on opposite ends of the battle. They can't possibly both be right but in each of their own respective minds they are... as are you.

Our world is filled with injustices. The perpetrators of these injustices think they are right. For their time, their situation, their upbringing, their understanding, their perception, their experiences... they are right and they are justified in feeling this way. Ask them if you don't believe me.

The fundamental difference is the choice they made before they implemented their human nature to say they were right.

"Can't go back to the good ol' days." You're right! Learn from the past and move ahead. Be politically correct; that is how you respect other people. God told us to love our neighbors (other people); love them. Be politically correct. Love those who are not PC. SET THE EXAMPLE.

Please don't perpetuate the problems or exacerbate them by having banal, MEANINGLESS, discussions... that serve no purpose except to escalate the very injustices you are complaining about. If you make the fundamental choice to let this stuff wash over you and be gone... YOU WILL ALSO BE RIGHT.

Choose sides wisely because which ever one you choose, you will throw yourself behinds its cause, and you will be right. Please recognise that being right is not that terribly important and your promulgation of being right does not mean that you are... to everyone else.

I am saddened by the injustices we all face. Peace be with you, Tony