View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 11, 2011, 11:08am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
I agree we should work to get all called right, but unless I am mistaken, all codes say that I cannot change another umpires call and if I did my actions could be subject to protest and I would lose. The NCAA did give us a list of when the non calling umpires should step in and help without invite, but the OP isn't one of them.
the AA ougt to be ashamed then. in the op the PU isn't changing my call he is letting me do that by informing me I missed sonething that I couldn't see. It would be same like if there was a foot pull off the bag and Pu saw space and as BU I did not and called out.
Quote:

The game has found away to survive this long as is, and has a process for this. The manager/HC comes out and argues the call. When that happens we have a choice and some umpires have a mechanic for this. I have worked with guys that will start down or others that remove their hat if they have something for me.
I don't understand so we are to let the game be played with wrong calls unless the manager sees that we are wrong? what?
Quote:

To be honest if I were the calling umpire and knew I missed a crucial element of this play, I would stop the manager/HC on his way out before he got to me and I would get my crew together. After that there isn't much that anyone could argue. I didn't give the illusion that I let the coach talk me into it, he never got close enough to talk to me. As far as the being out of position argument, that is not a conversation that a coach and I are going to have, but he is correct, I am going to have to read better.

Have a great weekend all. I get to work with 5 great guys at as great ballpark in a great city this weekend. Hope you all have as much fun as I do this weekend.
Thanks.