Thread: Tim Higgins
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:53pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
It was Higgin's line and I disagree he was straightlined. If a player blocked his view(which didn't happen since he was on the court by about 5-6 feet) that's different. Straightlined to me is a competitive match up which you are unable to have an angle on offense/defense. This wasn't the case. I don't see how Walton could make an across the court OOB call, it would be a guess, and he did the right thing, he trusted his partners.
It appears to me that there were 3 people in the line of sight for Higgins: 1) the St John's player near Higgins, 2) the Rutgers player near the spot of the uncalled OOB violation, and 3) Lavin out of his box. Higgins was not on the line, but without the benefit of his angle, it is difficult to tell if 1, 2 and/or 3 interfered with his view. He did not appear to move to improve. I will defer to college officials as far as whose line it was, as I am not familiar with NCAA PCAs with respect to differences from NFHS. Without knowing it, I think Higgins had secondary responsibility there.