Thread: Tim Higgins
View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2011, 06:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor74 View Post
Just to throw my two cents in watching this. I had no foul in the loose ball and no travel. The player does appear to step out of bounds at 1.7 seconds. It appears to me all three officials assumed the game was just going to end. The trail official should have been "in the game" and noticed the OOB call.
As for each official, this one terrible ending to a game shouldn't affect their tournament eligability. Jim Burr is good but nearing his career. I'd still put him in the tournament, if only for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Tim Higgins needed to retire years ago in my opinion. It's hard watching him try to get into position all game long. I wouldn't have him in the tournament as has been the case in recent years. Earl Walton should remain tournament eligable (and wasn't in position to make the OOB call).
This just doesn't look very good for NCAA officials.
The two officials you are talking about have not work pass the first weekend (and one game at that) for the passed couple of years. Not sure this game was going to change that.

I would not go as far as say it looks bad on NCAA officials but looks bad on these officials and their conference. If they are not working much more I do not see this as an issue at all. What looks bad is we have commentators that comment about things they have no idea about. Because if it was a travel, say why it was a travel. But then again the public thinks that "3 steps" is illegal when it is not.

Peace