View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 06, 2011, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alex View Post
Since we don't have these problems over here in the Netherlands; we never play the rest out, simply start all over...
However let me try to come to any common sense about the problem by answering the obvious questions.
1) What do you do if the rain starts right after plate conference and PlayBall sounds before 30 minutes are gone?
1> I think you never accept a new line-up. You only had to wait 30 minutes...

2) What do in a "normal" situation? Game is suspended after 3 innings playing until the next day.
2> I understand that you will not accept a new line-up! That's the rule, isn't it?

3) What occurs if a suspended game is rescheduled to next weekend?
3> I think you would accept in this case a new line-up.

Conclusion or my Euro0,02:
Since there's only 24 hours between the two plate conferences you might think that both teams can show up in the same line up. I've noticed that is the normal procedure. So why would you accept a new line-up?

The problem we're facing have I (stupid) discussed at the dinner table. My wife is sure that the real question is; has the game started just by the plate conference? She saw the NCAA-rule, stating that PlayBall must be called. So she and I aren't in the same corner (again)...
Please let there be one answer coming soon, the who is right or wrong is again in our home!
Dutch - I hope this doesn't ruin your sex life!!