View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Church league misconduct is really a foreign concept to me.........I play in a church league that is very competitive (many former JUCO/college players) and in our league we range in age from 25-45. I have never heard a word from any players or fans in the games. In fact, we call fouls/violations on ourselves if the officials miss one.
That is why your "Church League" is the exception, IMO. MOST church league players are those who MAYBE played in HS and MAYBE were somewhat decent with something to prove and thinking they can do @ 30+ what they could do at 18! For those that played college, they have already "achieived" something and really have nothing to prove. At least that has been my experience.

If I were you I would quit. The church leagues that is. Personally, I would never offiicate one and quit playing in them years ago b/c of what you experienced. I do some AAU over the summer and always get a smile out of the antics of the parents and the coaches. I fire off at about a 5 to 1 ratio more T's over the summer then I do during the year. When it gets to a point where I can no longer laugh at the stupidity, I will no longer work those games. It sounds like you may have reached that point.