View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 01, 2011, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I'm not aware of a free place to download the rules. You have a couple of options. Spend about $7 on a book, or contact a local high school official to see if they have any extra copies. IMO, the rules are more suited to your kids' age group.
I'm fine paying for it, I just didn't see where to do that? When I tried to access online publications, it keeps saying:

ACCESS DENIED. YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN AND BE A MEMBER OF AN NFHS PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION OR STATE STAFF MEMBER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
No 10 second rule? Why not? Even if you want to make it 15 seconds, I would still think it's worth keeping the rule.
It's a long story, but generally, my wife was trying to keep the rules as simple as possible. She felt like it added an unnecessary complication and didn't have any faith in our referees enforcing it. We had to beg and plead to get her to agree to 5-second inbound and 5-second closely guarded.

To be honest, without any formal training for our refs, I can kind of see her point. Next year will be different (I'm on a mission!)