View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2011, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I disagree as well. It is very easy to say what you should do when you are not there or not in the situation. Actually I looked at many of the actions by the officials similar to a baseball crew trying to get a mad man manager/coach off the field. Not sure what you can do if the guy wants to yell and scream and rant and rave like that. Most coaches do not act that way and I am sure they were trying to get on with the game. Easy to say what should be done when the actions of the coach were so over the top.

Peace
It's really hard to discuss best practices in any endeavor without using examples of situations involving less-than-best practices. It doesn't mean that the crew in the older Floyd scenario wasn't comprised of great officials. But I don't think any of them would tell you today that they handled that situation as well as they could have. As long as it creates a positive learning opportunity for others and no one is being hyper-critical, I don't see what the problem is with pointing out some "areas of opportunity" in the clip.