View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 21, 2011, 09:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs down Living in Portland, I never thought I'd say this but...

...I might lose some games this week due to snow! The Portland area is noted for not having snow but we do get some occasionally. The funny thing (to me) is that with even one sixteenth of an inch, the schools close. Since I grew up in Chicago, you can see weird this policy seems to me. We're expecting snow here on Wednesday, Thursday and a little on Friday. I have games all three nights, with two on Friday. If schools close for the day, they cancel all activities at the school including the evening ones, even if they're not "official school activities".

Fortunately, it's supposed to be clear with the snow gone by Saturday morning, so I'll probably still have my two games that day and I'm expecting to be assigned some "competitive" MS season-ending tournament games on Sunday. That schedule isn't set yet.

Actually, our local kids rec league goes right up to spring break so I still have games through the 12th of March. Oh yeah, then there's a spring league at a local YMCA but I think I'll pass this year.