View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:26am
Official Forum Member

Either or

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Three rec games today - the final one was a boys HS contest. As the teams are warming up, we're sitting behind the scorer's table, catching a few moments of rest but still watching the warm-ups. Blue #34 attempts a dunk and grabs the rim. From my chair, my first sitting technical foul. #34 hears my whistle, looks over and sees the T. I interrupt my break, walk over to the scorer, and report the T. I see #34 walk over to his coach and tell him what happened. The coach, and his wife, walk over and ask me what happened. I tell him we're starting the game with a technical foul on #34, that he loses the coaching box and cannot stand. "You're kidding! Why?" I explain it. #34 walks over and tells me that Myers Park got 2 warnings and no T last week when they dunked during warmups. "Well, it might have been a warning last week and it might a warning next week. But this week, it's a T." Then, after we start the game, the coach is sitting but his assistant is standing. I tell him to sit, they tell me that wasn't the rule last week.

I'm still trying to figure that one out, too.
Coach or assistant coach, they lose the box. Period.
And kudos on the sitting technical. Sounds like the most relaxing T ever. lol.