Thread: Over-ruled
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 06, 2003, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

I work only 2 man so I may be out of line. I had a similiar situation last Friday. I was trail, on a pass from A1, the ball was tipped by B and went OOB on baseline. Lead was right there and signaled B ball. A's coach is telling me, "You can override that, you have to overide that". Lead never looked at me and I never acknowleded the A coach. He inbounded to B and we played on. At halftime, I talked to him about it. He said he didn't know for sure if it was tipped or not. I asked him why he didn't look to me since he wasn't sure. He said he has been burnt in the past with partners that don't give him an answer so he didn't bother. We talked about it in a short pregame but it's one of those points you just cover and move on (if you need help with a call on your line, look at me. If I have a call I'll signal it to you, if not, AP). Earlier in the game, I had a question on one and when I looked at him, he gave me a signal so I was unsure why he wouldn't do the same. The point is, even though I thought his call was wrong, I did not signal because it was his call and if he had doubt he should have asked for help. I would hope my partner would do the same for me.

Mregor