View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 21, 2011, 01:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
I had a spirited discussion with someone who feels the same way. That guy teaches at the high school that was on the losing end of the game I link-posted earlier, so perhaps "consider the source" plays a role here.

This can be an emotional issue. Those that want the shot clock can be very adamant. I tend to believe that having a shot clock for every high school game -- varsity, JV, freshmen -- will cause far more problems than the number of stall-ball games they'll prevent. I foresee shot-clock reset errors cause bigger issues in games than stall-ball ever will.

Someone else pointed out that fundamentals have taken such a whack at the high school level, that a shot clock will only create more sloppy play. Honestly, I don't see a shot clock happening in the northeast corner for a long while.
I would buy the shot clock resetting error issue except we already have states that use the shot clock. Let's not act like working the shot clock is some great mystery. I don't doubt that it would be rough at first. There would definitely be an adjustment period. But low and behold, those states that do use the shot clock seem to be doing just well. I also believe that those that use FIBA rules use the shot clock at all levels at well. So it's definitely something that can be taken care of with some time.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.