Thread: Another first
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 View Post
Start of overtime, jump ball with both teams in bonus. Team A goes up and taps ball straight up, Team B attempts tap but Team A whacks her arm. Both players were the jumper. I assumed since the ball was live after the tap I have a foul on Team A with Team B shooting bonus. Did I assume right? If so, who then gets the possesion arrow?
The ball is live once the official tosses the ball...any illegal contact will be a personal foul and since Team B is in the bonus, Team will be shooting free throws. Team A will get the possession arrow once the ball is placed at the disposal of the Team B free throw shooter.

4-3
Alternating-possession control is established and the initial direction of the possession arrow is set toward the opponent's basket when:
Art 2...The ball is placed at the disposal of the free thrower after a common foul when the bonus free throw is in effect.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Sat Feb 19, 2011 at 12:18am. Reason: added rule citation