View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 04:11pm
This IS My Social Life

Still Applies for 2 Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMOzebra View Post
I have heard this at camps as well and believe it to be true when working 3-whistle games. Unfortunately, where I'm at we still work almost exclusively 2-whistle for HS and lower ... and this thinking simply doesn't apply, especially when you're the T.
I still do two-man occasionally, in fact I have a DH in a couple of hours. Unless there's something where I need to sprint to get to another position, I'll still do the "karaoke two-step", whether at L or T, to get where I need to see the slot or the play better. If necessary, one move will be followed by another, but I still do it all the time whenever I get to do two-man as well as three-man.

The guys I see moving all over the place, sprinting back and forth like an ADD inflicted ant, usually don't get themselves into any sort of better position to see what they need to see better anyway.

Since it's fresh on my mind, I'll try to report back on how it works in two-man after the games tonight.