View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

No I was not at the "Coaches" game. Which occurred at Jefferson Middle School. I did speak with one of the officials at the game and got some "rumor-intelligence" as to some of the words exchanged between the coaches.

I said I was one of the two officials in the other incident, where kid sucker punched opponent, see the thread titled "Easier for us to see" there is a video of the sucker punch. My partner is the ref making the call and tossing #34.

As for the SPORTSMANSHIP being any better or worse from year to year...
I guess maybe it is just my perception and that by gaining confidence and earning respect from longtime coaches etc... I don't hear as much garbage during games directed at officials or between parents/coaches.

As for the TALENT I absolutely feel that even the lil-guys are playing "better" basketball with regards to fundamentals. IMO a 5th grade boys team from 10 years ago -vs- todays teams, the "modern" teams are more competitive and seem to have a better grasp of how to run plays etc...

I think youth programs, such as KIDSPORTS, have provided opportunities to introduce kids as young as 2nd grade to various sports which has allowed players to progress more rapidly.