View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFussRef View Post
Gotta love my hometown Rec League. Kisdsports has been good to me for many years, and overall the sportsmanship and talent has steadily improved each season.

Former University of Oregon Women's Basketball coach Bev Smith has done a spectacular job as the new president of the our league. It is sad that 2 "major" incidents posted in this forum this year came from our league. I was one of the 2 officials in the "Sucker punch game" (Easier for us to see-thread).

As for the coaches incident, I know one of them was suspended at least one game, and the other was suspended indefinitely (probably for years or permanent ban).

Gotta love youth games, where I often spend more time dealing with adult behavior than I do the kids on the court. Whatever happened to setting an example???
Woah you were at the game? i was at the game after and heard all about it. Made the local news at 10 and the paper. I do agree that Bev has done really good for kidsports. 9 seasons under my belt and only a few incidents like this have ever happened that i've heard of. Kids and parents alike enjoy the kidsports program. BUT i don't agree that the sportsmanship and talent has improved. The parents, players, and coaches are always the same every year. Even when they make you do that pathetic pledge at the beginning of the game. (kidsports thing) There will always be situations like this (sucker punch), i just don't understand why....

Heard through the grapevine that the coaches involved in this incident are also not allowed on any school campuses.