View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
No, I don't always help on OOB calls; only if I'm confident I saw something the calling official missed. Even then, some officials on this forum have different criteria for doing that.

To me, the BC call is closer to a travel call than an OOB call, especially when a determination of control is involved such as the OP. I have helped partners with this call; most recently on a throwin from the FC endline that landed 15 feet into the BC. Partner called the violation, I went and had a chat with her to discuss it. But if the pass and catch had been close enough that I thought she might have judged control was gained in the FC, I'd have let it go.
There's so many moving parts to BC that it's sometime like traveling and sometimes like OOB.

For instance, if you as L have the ball down in your corner and see a deflection from B and A clearly recovers in the BC, you're going to correct it like an OOB. On the other hand, if A is right around the line, you have a harder time. Did you partner notice the touch and A just got to it before it went across or did he not see the touch and A wasn't the last to touch in the front court.

I think if A recovers it near the line you're just going to have to trust your partner.