View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 07:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Connecticut ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I'm in the minority on this topic. I prefer the 2-man system for basketball. More to do both physically and mentally, which makes the game more engaging and exciting for the official.
Agree. And don't forget challenging.

That's my personnel opinion regarding how I like to work. That being said, the modern high school game is much better officiated by three officials. That's why, here in Connecticut, we go to three person crews from the state quarterfinals, on up; for many league, or conference finals; and for a few "big city" rivalry games.

As many of you know from my postings, the Land of Steady Habits, is, pretty much, exceptions above, the Land of the Two Person Game. Even if school superintendents, principals, athletic directors, and coaches, wanted to go to three person games, and had the money available, we wouldn't have enough officials to work said games. As it is, we have trouble covering busy Friday night schedules with two person crews, especially when we have more than just a few officials unavailable due to injury, or illness.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)