View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I figured up the 2 vs. 3 money difference for an average school here.

11 home games x 2 (Girls and Boys). Mileage not counted because it shouldn't be any different.

2-Man = $220 per night x 22 nights = $4,840

3-Man = $330 per night x 22 nights = $7,260

$2,420 difference. That is property taxes on about two houses around here. It looks like a lot, but it's pretty negligible.
I'm not sure your math is right and I think you should divide those totals by 2....a team only plays half their games at home (you mention that but don't seem to use it in your math). A different team would be covering the other 11 games. (Or each team is covering half of the total each night).

Or are you saying a referee gets $110 per game? Or is that for a JV/V double header where the JV would get the same crew?

In Oregon, the rate comes out to about $60-$65 for most games (once mileage is included) for 2-person. That would be $120-$130 per game per crew. For about 11 games per gender, that is $2860. That would lead to an increase of $1430 per school to add a 3rd official for ALL varsity games for each season (if you still payed each official at the same rate...which is rarely the case in places that use a 3rd).

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Feb 14, 2011 at 06:28pm.