View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 13, 2011, 09:31pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I'm thinking about giving it up.

I just heard a rumor (which I believe, BTW), that our biggest conference in the area (that produces more than its share of D-1 players) is planning on going back to 2-person in 2012-13. That would mean all of our area conferences would be back to 2-person for conference play.

I was really expecting that by now we'd be 3-person across the board. I worked 2 big schools BV (2-person) on Saturday and I worked harder than I've ever worked -- working the perimeter as the trail and at times flying all out up and down the court. I thought my partner and I did a pretty damned nice job during the game and we got a fair number of compliments from some assignors and former assignors who were in attendance, but I'm reaching the point where I do not want to settle with a 2-person crew working these games anymore.

So I wonder if it's time to simply work football and baseball and take November through March off. It's something I'll really be thinking about this off-season.

I have contracts through 2012-13 (in some conferences) and I'll honor those, so I have another 2 years of games, but if I decide to pack it in I simply won't accept any more contracts.