View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 06:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
The game started at 5:30PM and he arrived at 6PM. You think he deserves full pay? He didn't live up to his contract, did he?
Most of these places would not even offer to give money to the official that worked alone in the same situation. So yes, I would be a little upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
OTOH, I filled in for a quarter at a school when a JV official pulled a hammy and they didn't give me an extra penny. I didn't expect it either, but it would've been a nice surprise.
I was a varsity official at a site and showed up for a prelim game early and I was asked to help out a few years ago. I ran to the locker room and got ready in which I came in about 3 minutes into the second half. When I got the check about a week later, I was paid a prorated amount for working a quarter and a half. I was ticked and called and complained. Not because I worked a quarter and a half, but because I did not have to do it. I could have said no and worried about working the varsity game. I will never do that again as if I am going to help, you could have paid me more than what they did to show some appreciation. Just pay the guys especially when someone shows up. Let the officials split up the money or do something for them.

I had a similar issue this year and I took the guys I was with out to dinner. Not everyone showing up is deliberate. Heck if you are going to be that worried about it, have the damn check ready when we play the game and not send it later.

Peace