View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
I have never asked for anyone to be removed from the stands in 11 years.

Last night I did, BUT, the AD had left the building....we were doing a girls varsity game and the home coach would have been the one to do the ejection...so, we warned the spectator instead and he was fine from that point on.

He was sitting near half court, he complained the entire night as all of their fans ( visitors ) had. The straw that broke my back was, as his team is driving past him and in front of me ( I had the perfect look ) B1 reaches in, allow me to say that again B1 REACHES in to knock the ball away, but misses the ball. A1 continues to drive to the basket.

On the "reach in " said spectator SCREAM at the top of his lungs
"THAT'S A REACH IN"

"YOU'VE GOT TO CALL CALL THAT"

"CALL THAT FOUL"

"HOW CAN YOU NOT CALL THAT FOUL"
Every one in the building could hear him. BTW, there was no contact...

As I said, this was the 4th Q about 1 minute in and I had enough.

There was a foul called at the basket by my partner and I found this a good time to go to the AD to have that fan removed.

So, the AD had left....we warned him and not another word out of him. His team lost by about 5 or 6.

Oh, we had another dumb fan, her daughter ( B1) sets a trap on the side line just inside of A1's front court and A1 runs into her and knocks B1 down, looks like a charge unless you've actually read a rule book and understand Legal Guarding Position and saw that B1 had a foot OOB.

Momma continually told her daughter that we had made a bad call and she should do the same thing next time....This from the group of fans who wrote this letter to the newspaper last year -

Where do refs come fron? - Keyser, WV - Mineral Daily News-Tribune
Whats the difference from the other spectators?