View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
It's one thing to fill in for a neighboring association when they simply get overwhelmed with games. But that's not what happened here. This is one group essentially telling the schools not to worry about this little dispute because they'll step up and fill in the gap.
Again, if they actually get a raise, it'll be in spite of the sh1tty behavior of jar's association. If they don't get a raise, it'll be largely because of the guys who didn't think it was important enough to take a small risk.
I can see that argument. But, and this is a point made by both JAR and RICH, how many people ACTUALLY left. I am assuming there are more than 7 assocations in LA ( I could be wrong) and only 4 walked. so since less than 1/2 of the associations walked, the 'majority' didn't support that action.
If the schools come up with a low offer and the majority of the associations decide NOT to sign on, and someone crosses, then I have an issue. Again, I think the Associations hold most of the cards here, but for the next contract, not this one.