View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:29pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
You guys need to hire someone. On our board we took a PAY CUT to $62.50 a game in order to get a 3rd official on the court for GV. We did this on our own volition. Before that we were getting $75.00 a game for public school varsity (3-man for boys; 2-man for girls). And we did this after losing our other public school conference to our ex-patriat commissioner; so we know all about losing business to competitors.

And we get $30/game for our rec leagues.

So nobody is really impressed about your 'success' in getting games in LA.
I work for two associations in FL. FHSAA sets a minimum for officials' pay. I am paid differently by the two associations. Within my primary association, there is a difference on JV games. One county pays $5 less but has 7 minute qtrs. My secondary assn had one school district eliminate MS teams and it resulted in fewer games available. That assn wanted to be able to provide enough games for everyone and had the fee for varsity split 3 ways for 2 officials. However, that assignor has more off-season opportunities, so I view it differently. I live at the extreme southern edge of my assn and schools in the secondary assn are closer than many in my primary. So, I plan that into my thinking.