View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 04:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Now I see why my friend that moved to LA stopped officiating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Yep, another good idea. Never talk extensively about pay to one of the guys who votes on whether you get your raise or not. That couldn't accomplish anything. Just stay home and refuse to work, even though you have an agreement in place to do so. That makes sense. Better yet, those guys should have walked out at halftime of the games on Tuesday. They'd probably have given us an immediate raise then.
I did not say you couldn't talk to them, I said I do not see the reason why to talk to them. I am a President of an organization and I do not talk to any Principal about pay of officials. Then again I do not work in a system where the state can "price fix" what everyone does throughout a large state. And I would not know when or how I would get into that kind of conversation. I am not going to call them. I guess I would talk to them before a game, but not likely. That is usually what the AD is for. But then again this is why your state is the laughing stock in this area (as well as some mechanical things you have done over the years too). Then again, talk away and still get paid less than the person you are talking to for the time he/she is at the game. The fact you keep standing up for this crap is telling to me.

Peace