View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 03:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyinTN View Post
Well I disagree. While my focus is on the floor it takes one quick glance to the bench. I don't do it except near the end of a close game. It does not take my attention off the game
OK, you glance at the court and when you miss some extra cirricular activity on the court, then come talk to me when then talk to me why you missed that play. A timeout is one of the last things I am going to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I'll have to disagree with you there JRut. Yes it's the team's job to get our attention, but we have to have good game awareness to know when a timeout is going to be granted. An off official, especially opposite table should be able to glance away for a beat to catch the coach's request.
I can have good awareness and still not know a coach is calling for a timeout. Again, the play on the court is the most important thing to me and always will be. When this rule was changed this was made very clear to all of us (in my area) what our responsibilities were and it was not to take our attention off the court. And if the coaches are not smart enough to get their players to react, then that is their problem.

Peace