View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 05, 2011, 10:45am
Esteemed Forum Member

Double Down ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Billy, do you guys ever work more than one game? And, if so, does the fee double, or is the rate cut for the second game?
For high school varsity games, never. Schools will seldom schedule the boys/girls varsity doubleheaders that I see other Forum members posting about. Also, when these rare doubleheaders are scheduled, or when high school Holiday Tournament varsity doubleheaders are scheduled, different crews get the assignments.

The most common type of doubleheaders assigned are 4:00 p.m. freshman games followed by 5:30 p.m. junior varsity games. One, or both, of the freshman officials may stay at the site for the junior varsity assignment. This is because we do not have a lot of available officials for midafternoon games. Most of them have day jobs, and can't make the 4:00 p.m. start. When our officials do work said doubleheader, they get two full game fees. (Two subvarsity fees, $57.25 + $57.25 = $114.50)

When I work for my Catholic middle school assigner, he will cut the rate for a boys/girls varsity (eighth grade) doubleheader, which are almost always assigned as a doubleheader. For example, I have one of these varsity (seven minute periods) doubleheaders tonight. I will walk out with a check for $84.00. One of our Catholic schools does not field a girls varsity team. We will work a single boys varsity game when that school is involved in an assignment, and will walk out of those games with a check for $54.00.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 12:10pm.