View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:38am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
It's happening all over. Not only are we losing the new officials every year, we also lose some older officials also that just don't want to deal with the continuous abuse any longer.
So far, the abuse has not been bad in my experience and where it has, it has been handled swiftly. I am also not new to officiating and in general, I find the fan "abuse" to be pretty entertaining so perhaps I am better able to cope.

What has planted the seed in my mind to reconsider returning next year is the amount of games I've worked solo this season. I understand having to do it on occasion when something unusual happens but it seems to be the norm here that for the second half of the season, you will be lucky to have all four officials show up to a school to cover both gyms.

I'm trying to stick it out for a varsity schedule but I have a feeling it will be several years before I am working a predominantley varsity schedule. I loathe working by myself so much, I'm not sure how much longer I want to stick it out.