View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 03, 2003, 07:19pm
Official Forum Member

Smile interesting subject

I am going to put some of my thoughts down and will let the experts come in to gave us the correct answers.

Things that would go into my decision if I was to get into a incorrect call by my partner in a game

1. Who my partner was and his experience. A veteren ump and the coaches are buying his ruling. I am keeping quiet and discussing with them the call later after the game. Rookie ump I would be more likely to try to pull them aside and discussed the play before further play

2. What type of game we are in? League play between last place teams a lot more chance I am going to keep quiet then a championship game, tournament game etc and wait for a later time to discuss

3. If I am the plate ump and any discussion of protest because of a ruling than my thoughts are diffently going to be entered into the discussion.

4. If a coach comes to me after my partner has made his decision not to ask for help and say "You know thats Wrong". Whether it was wrong or right I will not say anything to the coach he is talking to the wrong ump. Depending on the situation again I might try to pull the partner away to discuss the play if I am sure he is wrong on a rule call

5. Never get into judgement discussion unless appeal to by the partner. No matter what...

JMOs

Don