View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2011, 03:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
My association is not a part of the work stoppage. I go where I am assigned. End of that story.

As to the work stoppage itself. The fees are what they are. The argument has been made that they are too low. Obviously that is a point of contention.
BUT, the wages were agreed to and the contracts were signed for this year. The pay raise in question would be for next year. When it was denied, you stop now? I don't do business that way.
And as I read it, the officials were promised bi-yearly pay raises back in 2007 and none of those were ever implemented. Apparently the principals aren't too fond of following through on their promises also.

Jar, if you think $36/game is a fair high school rate, hey, work your tail off. And if your association wants to say t'hell with all the other associations that are trying to make things better for all officials in the state, then hey, all of them can work their damn tails off too working the games that the other officials are refusing to work. Me? I don't do business that way.

There's a reason that officials are only getting $36/game in your state. And imo your association is part of that reason. I can understand you having to do what your association tells you to do. I can't understand your association's stance though.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Feb 02, 2011 at 03:24pm.