View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2011, 01:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock View Post
R2 is attempting to score on a base hit. As R2 approaches home plate, the throw from F9 is up the third base line causing F2 to move up the baseline in order to catch the ball. As the ball is approximately 10 feet from F2 and he is preparing to glove the ball, he collides with R2 and both are knocked to the ground. F1, backing up the play, picks up the ball and tags R2 before he can touch home base.

a. This is obstruction by F2 and R1 is awarded home.

b. This is a legal play and R1 is called out on the tag by F1 and is ejected if the slide is deemed flagrant.

c.This is interference by R1 and he is called out immediately.

d.This is a legal play and R2 is called out on the tag by F1.

N.B. D is the only answer that correctly identifies the baserunner. I don't know if it's 3 typos or a clue.
As I said above, I've got a legal play. In the 2011 New Rules Video on the NCAA Central Hub, this play is covered in several video clips starting around the 9-minute mark.

B or D are the only possible correct answers, but are they trying to trick us by using R1 instead of R2, or is it just a typo? R2 could possibly be ejected for a collision above the waist, so B could be correct. D could also be correct if you just leave out the part about the collision. Color me confused.