View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to swerv17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBallanfant View Post
Thoughts on this

Early in 2nd half, Ole Miss scores and Kentucky player goes to make throw in along the baseline. Trail official along baseline with visible count, Kentucky player inadvertently steps into court without releasing the ball. He then steps back OB to make throw in. Pause and then C official from maybe 30' away up court, tweets, and points to violation and Ole Miss is awarded ball

First of all it was the correct call, however I would be very leery of making that call from that far way since it is difficult to be sure if the player stepped across the line or just on the line.

Secondly, what was the trail official thinking. Was he going to let that go thinking it had no bearing on the play. And if he simply missed that, he should not be working at that level.
I was watching this game and saw it happen in real speed. The C official did come in hard and point at the endline to help sell the call. Maybe the T just didn't see it. The officials got the call right, which it what they are supposed to do.

Keep learning and geting better. Give back what you have learned and experienced to someone else. We'll all be better officials for it.

"Rules competency breeds calmness and confidence in chaos."-Vince Iandoli

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption